Call +44(0)1753 392881
When to Use Warehouse Consultants?
A wide array of companies big and small across multiple sectors use warehouse consultants to support them on projects. The scope of projects range from inventory optimisation to full warehouse layout design and warehouse process optimisation.
Warehouse consultants normally become engaged on a project when the existing warehouse operation presents a problem for the core business….
Below are some common problems that can result in a warehouse consulting project:
- How can we improve cash flow by releasing capital tied up in inventory while maintaining service levels?
- How can we optimise the existing space in our warehouse so that we can effectively process the growing numbers of sales orders?
- How can we improve picking accuracy to avoid customer service issues related to receiving incomplete or incorrect orders?
- We have combined two businesses. How can we understand the potential synergies of combining the two into a single combined operation?
- How can we determine the warehouse activity based costs for specific customers and products?
- Where should our new warehouse be located and how big should it be?
- We need a warehouse layout design with processes and a list of equipment to procure, how do we go about doing this?
- We need a new Warehouse management system (WMS), which one should we select?
- Should we outsource our warehouse and logistics operations, and who are the appropriate service providers?
Professional warehouse consultants will approach all of these warehouse planning tasks with established methods. Although the consulting methods vary depending on the task they should all be logical and analytical with your customers’ needs in mind. Outputs should include an options appraisal that considers trade-offs between factors such as labour, space and equipment costs. Solutions should be recommended that enable the warehouse/logistics platforms to deliver the business strategy.
One of the key benefits of working with warehouse consultants is that they deal with warehouse change management projects day to day. This experience and knowledge of common pitfalls can significantly reduce the risk of operational/customer issues when implementing these projects.
All of our team are experienced in carrying out warehouse consultancy projects with large and small organisations. These range from value stream mapping, to WMS selection and large warehouse design projects with CAD layout.
If you have a query regarding your warehouse or logistics needs then please contact one of our warehouse and logistics consulting team to discuss in more detail.