Leading Global Brewery
The client is a leading global brewery, with an annual UK Primary Transport spend reaching circa £20m.
Go Supply Chain’s Consultants supported the client with hosting workshops with key business stakeholders. This allowed the client to better understand the existing business requirements for the primary transports.
Go Supply Chain then developed a request for a proposal document that would detail the key business requirements which would then supply the correct data for third party logistics companies to quote the client as accurately as possible.
From these quotations, Go Supply Chain’s Consultants were able to identify which of the 3PL providers were relevant and capable for the client’s needs and that would be able to provide a credible proposal to manage the primary transport operations.
Go Supply Chain managed the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, as well as handling all of the communications with the 3PL providers and analysing their responses in a structured, like for like basis. Go Supply Chain were able to allow the client to renegotiate the transport contracts with incumbent third-party transport providers.
From the work completed with Go Supply Chain’s Warehouse Consultants, a £6m+ reduction in transport costs for the contract period were achieved. There was a collaborative plan put in place for further operational improvement between this leading brewery and the third party transport provider.
- Leading Global Brewery with an annual UK Primary Transport spend circa £20m
- Host workshops with key business stakeholders to understand the existing business requirements for primary transport.
- Develop a request for proposal document that details the key business requirements and data for third party logistics companies to quote accurately.
- Identify relevant and capable third-party logistics providers able to provide a credible proposal to manage the primary transport operations.
- To manage the RFP Process, handle communications with third party logistics providers and to analyse the responses in a structured like for like basis.
- Renegotiated transport contract with incumbent third part transport provider.
- £6m+ reduction in transport costs for the contract period.
- Collaborative plan for further operational improvement between this leading brewery and the third-party transport provider.
- Developed a logistics tender for the client.
March 4, 2018
Published by: Go Supply Chain Ltd