Warehouse Layout Design
Getting warehouse design right from the outset can have a profound influence on the useful life of a facility, its capacity and productivity. The financial implications are significant.
Our logistics consultants use a well-established methodology to build a picture of what can be expected from a warehouse during periods of typical and peak activity from go-live to an agreed planning horizon (e.g. 7 years). We model a range of options to arrive at an appropriate design. We take into account your unique business requirements and the need for flexibility.
- Building and site size and dimensions
- Technology / equipment selection – both manual and automated
- Operational design, including CAD layouts
- MHE and labour resource models
- Capital equipment schedule
- Capital and operating budgets
Beyond this we can help with:
- Advice on site selection, in partnership with your chosen property consultants
- Process design and documentation
- Systems advice and assistance with specification, procurement and implementation
- Specification and tendering of automation including sortation, automated storage and putaway (AS/RS) systems, miniloads and specialised picking systems
- Specification and tendering of equipment including racking, shelving, forklift trucks
- Project management and risk minimisation
Our directors have experience of warehouse design projects in the UK and other European countries including large automated facilities in the fashion and FMCG sectors, very high throughput grocery DCs and specialised on-line fulfilment operations.