Call +44(0)1753 392881
Warehouse Layout Design
Establishing and implementing the most suitable and relevant warehouse design from the outset, can have a profound influence on the useful life of the facility, its capacity and productivity, and of course, significant financial benefits.
Modelling a range of options to arrive at an appropriate design, our logistics consultants use a well-established methodology to build a picture of what to expect from a warehouse during periods of typical and peak-activity from go-live; whilst simultaneously including specific agreed planning horizons for individual client requirements.
We take into account your unique business requirements and the need for flexibility:
- Building and site size and dimensions
- Technology / equipment selection – both manual and automated
- Operational design, including CAD layouts
- MHE and labour resource models
- Capital equipment schedule
- Capital and operating budgets
Beyond this we can help with:
- Where is the optimal warehouse location?
- What activities will take place in the warehouse?
- What storage media and equipment should be used?
- Are warehouse automation systems to be considered?
- How can warehouse productivities be maximised?
- What future growth capacity should any facility have?
- Service disruption to customers
- Lack of capacity to meet business growth plans
- Capital overspend on implementation
- Procurement of equipment not fit for purpose
- Low accuracy on customer order fulfilment
- Poorly utilised space in the warehouse facility
- Sub optimal productivities